Saturday, April 14, 2007

Officer Down

The shooting death of Utica police officer Thomas Lindsey is a tragedy. My heart goes out to his family and I sincerely hope his killer is brought to justice quickly.

That said, I can't be the only one that feels like there's more to this shooting than has been made public. Doesn't it seem odd that all the occupants of the car stopped by Officer Lindsey have been questioned and released? One of my more paranoid friends, the same one that came up with the serial killer theory I mentioned last week, floated the idea last night that the shooter might not have been in the car. He also suggested that the police are being intentionally vague about where Officer Lindsey was shot because his attacker did it from behind, execution style.

That would elevate his shooting from a tragic incident to something far more sinister.

I know this is pure morbid speculation, but it does seem like there are some important details missing from the current narrative.

Update: Just to correct myself, the driver of the car is still being questioned according to Saturday's press conference.