The “official story” from “official government sources” is that weekend a lone gas truck driver crashed a single tanker loaded with 8,600 gallons of unleaded gasoline into a guardrail in what they say was an ordinary accident. Unfortunately there are too many questionable statements, too many conflicting reports, and too many outright impossibilities for any serious, thoughtful individual to take this “official report” seriously.
Let’s review the facts.
* The bridge should have easily withstood the thermal stress caused by pools of burning auto fuel.
* If steel from those overpasses did soften or melt, I’m sure we can all agree that this was certainly not due to auto fuel fires of any kind, let alone the briefly burning fire under that bridge.
* 800º C is near the maximum flame temperature of hydrocarbons burning in air without pre-heating or pressurization of the air, well below the melting temperature of steel.
* It is impossible for fire to melt steel.
* The section of the bridge appears to have fallen straight down, exactly as it would have from demolition charges.
We can only hope Utica's resident conspiracy theorists apply their investigative abilities to this breaking story. Truth out, homies!